Sunday, May 9, 2010

My SuperMom!!

Like someone somewhere said, "God could not be everywhere and so He created mothers."I think that line expresses the importance of a mother wonderfully.We are not a very expressive family,the number of I love you's and hugs & kisses are less.However it does not mean that the love itself is not there.Today being mothers day I write this entry as a tribute to my supermom Shahanaz,thus making this blog entry my portal of expressing at least a portion of what I feel about her.


Always there to listen to our sadnesses and comfort us in her soothening voice,she takes part in our joy wholeheartedly.Her support has always been my strength in times of distress.She was not an easy mother to live with as she is quite strict in many ways but looking at all that now I feel that has been a blessing in disguise.She always tried not to make us spoilt kids.Being highly critical sometimes drove me mad but I now see that has helped set high standards for me.She has taught me so many things which not everyone is lucky enough to get.


I'm not exaggerating by calling her supermom.The number of people who have called her that itself is proof of her capabilities.Mashallah.Being a full time working doctor she was and is still able to balance out her 24 hours of the day amazingly well.There was not a minute when she would sit still or even have an extra nap.Always active,she would paint,stitch,cook and do umpteen other things.Touchwood.She was the one who took us out most of the time as my dad could not get time off from work.


 People ask me,are you also as talented as your mother?Well definitely not but I'm hoping to reach somewhere near her in the future.Always a role model,she has set the standards quite high.Hopefully her reflection in me will become more strong as time passes by and so I pray that I too make her proud just like she made her own parents proud.God bless mothers for without them we would not be us.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

3 comments:

Anu said...

nice one sumi..i agree with u wholeheartedly..she surely does manage home and work with an ease!..and ofcourse, is very talented..

Unknown said...

hey I love ur posts and ur blog!! its cute!
www.pups-oops.blogspot.com

Razia Nazeer said...

sumi,u r absolutely right...sure she is very talented...shahanas itha is superb in every sense...