Monday, April 26, 2010

HOME(s) SWEET HOME(s)!!!

There's nothing like coming home isn't it??Since there are many places I call home I'm lucky enough too feel it many times.However coming to my parent's apartment in the UAE where I grew up is always special.


From the time my flight touches the Arabian soil I feel rejuvenated.This is where I spent my childhood,my growing up years.This place gives me so many memories of times spent here with family and friends.The days of school and waiting for the bus with friends.Trying to be cool among friends and in turn getting my parent's raised eyebrows pointed at me.Hanging out with pals in shopping malls and friends' homes.Weekend trips with parents.Fighting with my brother over the silliest of things.Ordering home delivery whenever we feel like.Waiting for the Dubai Shopping Festival even though its almost the same year after year.The way the city does not sleep even in the late hours of night.Trying out the various cuisines so easily available here.The vast variety of items in the stores.The various opportunities and facilities you receive at every step.Every little thing comes out as a memory bubble that makes me want to be back in this place again.


The previous day my driving instructor asked me whether I like India or UAE more.Somehow I could not answer that question immediately.I enjoy my life in India very much and I love the place and the new memories it has created for me over the past 7 years.It has helped shape me as a better human being I believe.



Having lived in both countries I have an advantage of knowing two so very different lifestyles.So I guess I'll just cherish this feeling of fondness I have for both the countries till I have a definite picture in my mind and till then enjoy the two countries to the fullest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey sumi...that was amazingly well said...gave us a peep into the wonderful childhood u guys had..mashallah...always stay happy and joyful...lotsa love and prayers