Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ramadan Times

Here come Ramadan again!The holy month.A time to cleanse your soul and pray hard and take fast.And with the fasting comes the cooking.Yes the cooking part simply cannot be ignored during this month.

Up till marriage Ramadan was not a difficult task simply because I was not wholly responsible for the food that reaches the table for Iftar.And then 2 years ago things changed.

We married in the end of July in 2009.Ramadan started in August mid or so.First week was alright as I was at my in-laws.Then we rejoined work and then started the trouble.I didn't know what to serve him.I knew basic cooking and could make stuff from scratch using recipes but that was not enough.Cooking started after I reached home from work and I had to finish in a couple of hours.Main problem was the speed.I was slow because I was unsure.Mom sent me recipes through email and I would try to do them as best as I could.Sometimes things would not work out well and I would get exasperated and start crying.Then would come the consoling sessions by my mother and my hubby.And then the whole cycle would repeat itself.

2010 was far better the way I see it.Though again I was getting only a couple of hours to do all the cooking and that too by starting immediately after reaching home from an 8 hour shift,things went pretty smoothly.I was faster and more importantly more confident.And my husband was supportive.Preplanning did wonders too.And so we glided through the holy month without much of a problem.

2011 is here and Ramadan starts tomorrow.Hoping for this one to go smoothly as well.So starting out with crossed fingers.Ramadan Kareem to all!May the Almighty bless everyone abundantly.


No comments: