Monday, July 25, 2011

A lil bit for me

No matter how highly qualified you are,sometimes you wish to achieve some things which are not as sophisticated or as interesting.Some of these may be just handy tips to go through life.Some are for recreational purposes.Some are to achieve a sense of accomplishment.Whatever the reasons may be,I am sure most of us do have some tiny yearning of some sort.

I, like most other people have a list of things I wanted to do or learn but never really got around to it.Some have been attempted and stranded in between.Some never even begun.Some are to make myself more efficient and independent.Some to make me a better person.Some just for the sake of knowing it.And some for fun.

Many are inspired by family which is no surprise as the reason is obvious.

Here are some of the things I would like to do,in no particular order.The purpose of the attempt of writing down such a list is mainly for my own use.So that there'll be clearer picture in my mind and I do not lose my way in between.And also so that I'll atleast fear the following situation -"5 years later,somebody who has read this post asks me how many of these I have successfully managed to achieve and I feebly mumble 'none'."So here goes.

1.Cooking -The fastest route to your man's heart.Or anybody's for that matter.Also for survival.Though it has become a new passion for me since I started cooking on my own.The wonderful displays,flavors and aromas are an inspiration in itself.I hope to become a better cook and try more and more cuisines and dishes soon.

2.Stitching and Embroidery - To have fashion sense is a good quality and to create fashion is even more so.I would like to concentrate on embroidery for now and slowly expand to other areas of fashion eventually.

3.Gardening - Simply because the colors of flowers make me smile and the green of the living plants soothes my soul.Want to start with potted plants in the balcony for now because that itself seems tough sometimes.:)

4.Handywork - Just the basics.Mainly because I hate having to depend on others to get things repaired.And things may get done faster.

5.Photography & Editing - Always loved capturing life and moments in the tiny screen.Making them look more appealing is an appealing thought too and thus the editing.

6.Wear a sari - I know how to wear a sari but not with the amount of neatness and perfection I wish to attain.I feel every Indian ought to know it so that's one for my list.

7.Painting - Again because it great to see one's work hanging on a wall or being worn and appreciated.

8.More contact with family and friends - Maintaining relationships is not an easy task and requires constant effort.I would like to work more towards that.

9.Organization and Execution - So that life goes smoothly and I save time.Does not mean monotony though.

10.Web designing - Only because I'm in awe of it and because I never did learn the finer details.

That's it then.Shall check the list now and then to see if there is any progress on my part.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D I probably could use some of these too. love you..and yeah work towards that #8 hehe... also nice background :) ramadan mubarak in advance!!
(anj)

Human enough said...

you at least know how to drape a saree! that in itself is a BIG achievement! i still dont know to :(
Woman, your list reminds of the 'la simple' things of life which in itself is an art and needs mastering.
God bless :)

Milna

Dr. Sumi Riyas said...

@Anj: Yes I am going to work towards no.8.Hehe.And thanks :)

Dr. Sumi Riyas said...

@Milna : Sari draping yes but draping well is still a long way to goooooooo......