Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rosy days

Today I feel good about myself. Why? Well because I have partially completed the embroidery on my 1st self-embroidered salwar kameez. Yay! I am all excited now and can't wait to finish it.The thought of wearing my own work is just so amazing.

Here is a sample picture.Do let me know how it is.And please be gentle as its my first official one. ;) Ok so now that wouldn't be fair right?So I guess I'm open for criticism too. :D



This one is done on lime green linen material with multishaded pink and green threads and also beads.What do you think about the combination?Do give suggestions for more future pieces including color combos.

5 comments:

shahnaz said...

really good for a first timer.pleasing color combination.keep going.

Dr. Sumi Riyas said...

Thank you so much.Want to do a bedsheet soon.I have some interesting designs saved. :D

Alpana said...

Thanks a lot for visiting my space......The embroidery is really good for a first timer. The colour combination is good but could have been better if shades of yellow were used. Also the leaves should be a little dense too . Sorry I don't mean to offend you but since I have been doing embroidery for a long time just giving you some tips for improvement. Will wait for the bedsheet though. Lots of luck.........

Dr. Sumi Riyas said...

Thanks Alpana.No offence taken.I'm glad to hear your opinion.Yes the leaves could have been dense.I just thought I'll try this way.Hope to work on the bedsheet soon.

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful work and pattern